Accreditation is a formal, independent verification that a program or institution meets established quality standards and is competent to carry out specific conformity assessment tasks. Conformity assessment tasks may include, but are not limited to, testing, inspection, or certification.
E Number are a specific numbering system practiced in European Union countries (INS Numbers in other countries) to identify food additives used in food industry. These E Numbers are not formulated based on Sources of Food additives. Same E Number is assigned for a food additive derived from a Halal source or Haram source. Halal status of a food additive cannot be decided based only on the E Number. It would be difficult for the common person to distinguish what is Halal. Therefore, there is a need for a stringent screening of the raw materials used for respective status
The E numbers are categorized as follows:
- E 100 – E 199 (Colors)
- E 200 – E 299 (Preservatives)
- E 300 – E 399 (Antioxidants, Acidity Regulators)
- E 400 – E 499 (Thickeners, Stabilizers, Emulsifiers)
- E 500 – E 599 (Acidity Regulators, Anti-Caking Agents)
- E 600 – E 699 (Flavor Enhancers)
- E 900 – E 999 (Surface Coating Agents, Gases, Sweeteners)
- E 1000 – E 1999 (Additional Chemicals)
For any kind of clarity about specific E number please contact to QTAWA.